Ireland is looking to hire over 4000 healthcare assistants and we now have in place the Healthcare Assistant Earn While You Learn Program, the costs of wich are totally covered by the employer and while you are completing your Diploma you will be able to work as a Helathcar Assistant.
Healthcare Assistant Earn While You Learn Program
Several employers have recently signed up to the PCA Earn While You Learn program. In a previous BLOG POST we mentioned that Ireland needs to hire over 4000 healthcare assistants over the next 12 months to maintain the level of service within its healthcare sector, and the EARN WHILE YOU LEARN program is a program designed to assist with this recruitment process.
In this blog we are going to explain how the Healthcare Assistant EARN WHILE YOU LEARN program works.
Want to work in care but don't have a Qualification?
You could be earning while obtaining your qualification with one of the most experienced, and reputable training companies.
Our Earn While You Learn programme is designed to help you gain qualifications while you are working.
- Train for the City & Guilds Diploma in Health & Social Care with just three classroom days, then complete the rest of the course online.
- Pass the two mandatory modules in the classroom and you are legally entitled to work as a paid Carer.
- You must complete the remaining units within six months. This can be done through ouronline portal with your assessor helping you each step of the way.
- When you graduate with your full diploma, it will be recognised as equivalent to the QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support which is accepted in all settings throughout Ireland andinternationally.
- Screening call to establish your suitably for the position
- CV preparation assistance
- Interview preparation assistance
- Attend face to face interview in home country
- Offered a position
- Accept position
- Collect all required compliance
- Arrive in the Ireland
PCA Nursing will provide a meet and greet service for all new arrivals at the Airport and will accompany all candidates to their accommodation.
Candidates will be met and brought to the training on the first day and will be responsible for getting themselves to the training on all other days.
9.30am – 12.30pm
- Safeguarding training
1.30pm - 4.30pm
- Learners will complete the first unit in class
- 206 – safeguarding and protection workbook
Day 2 - 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Completion of 3 units
- 303 – Equality and Diversity
- 304 – Duty of Care
- 305 - Person Centred Approaches
Day 3 - 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Completion of 3 units
- 307 – Handling Information in healthcare
- 311 – Skills for everyday Care
- 656 – Factors affecting Older People
Day 4 - 9.30am – 4.30pm – Manual & Patient Handling (Optional at no extra cost)
- Ergonomics and risk assessments
- 8 principles of manual handling
- Team handling
- Patient handling
- Use of hoists
- Walking frames
- Slide sheets
- Cultural Adaptation Training
If you want to find out more and if this program would be suitable for you, you can find more information on our website.