Hours of Work 24 hour, 365 days a year rota according to the needs of the service based on 38.25 hours per week. (You may be required to work in excess of hours on occasions to meet the needs of the service.)
Reports to: Unit Manager
Accountable to: Registered Manager
Conditions of Ludlow Street Healthcare Group terms and
Overall Objective: Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for the assessment, formulation, implementation and evaluation all relevant support plans for the service specific model of care.
To undertake and support all relevant forms of clinical care as instructed.
Qualifications & Training
Health & Safety:
All employees have a statutory duty of care for their own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Employees are required to co-operate with management to enable LSH to meet its own legal duties and to report any hazardous situations or defective equipment.
- To work in line with all organisational policies/procedures, values and beliefs and support the staff team to do the same.
- To provide direction and be a role model, facilitating best practice and best outcomes for patient group.
- Understand and promote the rights of patients at all times.
- Understand and promote dignity and respect in all aspects of your daily work.
- Understand and promote awareness and respect of the confidentiality of patients, unless doing so would be a risk to them, others, or the organisation.
- Understand and respect the confidentiality of your colleagues and the wider organisation.
- Understand and inform those you supervise/support that communicating the organisations business to any external party, including ex-employees, without express permission, may result in a disciplinary process.
- As required participate in cross site working, therefore reducing cost across the service.
- To use effective, professional, written and verbal communication at all times, ensuring the correct information is delivered to the correct person at the correct time.
- To understand and adhere to all security requirements for the service, including attending/delivering training when required.
- Support and complete staff de-briefs when staff have been involved in seated or supine safe holds.
To actively participate with the multidisciplinary team in assessment, formulation, implementation and evaluation of individual centered treatment plans.
- To ensure a high standard of nursing care during procedures and treatments including the safe storage, administration and recording of medicines in accordance with Legislation, organisational and local policies and NMC Code of professional Conduct.
- Observe the code of Professional Conduct as laid down by the Nursing Midwifery Council.
- To report any complaints, health and safety issue or concerns in accordance with agreed procedures/processes.
- Be up to date with your mandatory and service specific training, ensuring the staff you support are fully compliant in this area by checking and discussing and documenting at 1:1 meetings.
- Comply with all requirements to maintain annual PIN re-newel and 3 yearly re-validation.
- To ensure all staff new to the service are welcomed, supported, and provided with the correct information and orientation to enable them to competently undertake their role.
- To report staff absence to the appropriate Senior Manager, completing required documentation as soon as possible.
- To actively and positively participate in the PDR process.
Quality and Safeguarding
- To constantly raise awareness of and ensure all patients are safeguarded from abuse and support staff to raise any concerns to the appropriate person.
- Identifying and reporting health and safety issue/concerns or any other risks to the patients/ colleagues/business
- Ensure all staff understand and follow the organisations confidentiality policy and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
- Ensure all staff understand and follow the organisations media and telephone policy.
- To take personal responsibility for own continued professional development and keep up-to-date with current legislation in Mental Health, evidence- based practice and NICE guidance.
- Support the senior team in creating a positive, non-judgemental clinical environment to ensure care staff/student nurses/ newly qualified nurses receive adequate guidance, teaching and support according to their needs.
- Facilitate and participate in training/education programmes, using skills and knowledge gained to teach inform staff and ultimately enhance patient care delivery.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be modified from time to time in accordance with the development of the service and the employee.