- Nurse Registration
- English test
If living and working in Ireand is your goal, you will find helpful information here to make your dream a reality. Congratulations on the decision! Now that you’ve decided that you want to work as a nurse in Ireland, the first step is to register with the NMBI (Nursing and Midwivefy Board of Ireland).
You can find a step by step guide on our site (hyperlink to registration) on how to register.
The Irish healthcare system can offer many opportunities for foreign job seekers, especially in the area of specialised hospital nursing and elderly care.
The number of high-level nurses reaching retirement age is very high in Ireland, and the number of recent graduates seeking a job in another country is also steadily increasing. These aspects combined with a high life expectancy in Ireland lead to a growing sector with increasing job and career opportunities. Though the available vaccancies have dropped in numbers, there is still a high demand for skilled and experienced professionals.
The accommodation costs are slightly higher than in other countries, however it is offset by the very high salaries received by nurses compared to other EU countries, some of the highest in Europe.
Rental rates range from €400 per room in a shared apartment to €1,600 for a whole 3-bedroom house.
Ireland has the lowest fees from all OECD countries, so many companies have moved their businesses to this country. The corporate tax is one of the lowest in the world (12.5%), which attracted giants such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Facebook, eBay, HP, Intel and Twitter.
We believe that this information is helpful to you. Of course, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate and contact us now
At PCQ Healthcare we help you with every aspect of the process:
- We help you with the NMBI registration
- We assist compiling your CV
- We prepare you for the interview
- We help you choose the best suited region for you
- We organize your interview
- We manage your compliance - We assist with all arangements around your departure
- We confirm your start date
If you feel that your dream is to settle in Ireland, you will probably have many more questions about employment, tax, culture and traditions of this beautiful country. The following sites will offer you some insight:
- Citizensinformation.ie is a public information center on money, taxes, rights, privileges, concessions, government programs and much more.
- INMO.ie is the official website of the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation. This page has all the information you need about your profession, your rights and responsibilities, and salary scales.
- nmbi.ie NMBI, formerly An Bord Altranais, is the independent, statutory organisation which regulates the nursing and midwifery professions in Ireland. They work with nurses and midwives, the public and key stakeholders to enhance patient safety and patient care.
- nhi.ie the representative organisation for Ireland’s private and voluntary nursing home sector and wider society to influence and shape policy and inform debate surrounding the care of older persons. Nursing Homes Ireland is committed to providing leadership, supporting members and promoting excellence.
- Meet and greet at the airport (you will be met by a colleague from PCQ Healthcare).
- We will assist you arranging your PPS number and opening a bank account.
- We will advise you on how to go about registering for tax with the Revenue.
We will also help you to find temporary accommodation for when you arrive to Ireland, where you will feel comfortable and safe. Finding something permanent will be much easier in person and we will assist and will guide you. To secure permament accommodation you are expected to pay a month rent as a deposit and a month rent up front.
For any further questions or suggestions, please contact us by phone or e-mail through the addresses on our website.